Air Canada is an airline on the up, meaning that travellers flying transatlantic or transpacific are increasing going via Toronto. Regular readers of the World in a Weekend will know that our philosophy is, whenever possible, you should get out of the airport and turn your long, boring flight into an exciting, ultimate layover.
When we booked our flights for our Jewels of Jamaica trip we had the choice of a 2 hour layover in Toronto or a 25 hour layover at no extra cost and couldn’t resist an action packed day in Canada’s biggest city.
As our Jewels of Jamaica tour itinerary was pretty wild and action packed, we decided we needed some expert help to create an exciting Ultimate Layover in Toronto. We worked with a local travel agent based in Toronto, King Tours. They specialise in tours around Toronto and the surrounding area. This is what we managed to pack into an amazing day:
- A tour of Toronto on a wi-fi fitted luxury bus;
- A visit to the famous Niagara Falls;
- A boat tour to the bottom of Niagara Falls;
- A helicopter tour over Niagara Falls;
- A visit to the picture perfect Niagara on the Lake;
- An ice wine tasting at Pondview Winery;
- Luxury transport back to the airport for our international flight home.
We’ll be recapping our Ultimate Layover in Toronto here over the next two weeks so check back here for updates or follow us on twitter for updates on next articles.
If you can’t wait that long check out our review of our Ultimate Layover in Abu Dhabi here and our articles on our 24hours in Miami and Orlando here.
Last modified: 26th August 2020
That picture from the air over Niagara is incredible!
Thank you so much Bella!