1000 miles, 4 countries, 4 days, 17 castles and as much Champagne as we could handle; welcome to our #MoatsAndMoët road trip.
Taking advantage of the long bank holiday weekend, we drove down to explore (read: taste) the famous champagne from some of the champagne houses in Reims and Epernay. We learnt about how the champagne is made, visited the champagne caves and even learnt to splice open a bottle of champagne with a sword.
We continued on to Luxembourg for maybe our most epic road trip yet: a quest to see a dozen castles in a day and finished the day in style sleeping in one!
Our final day was spent travelling around Belgium seeking out final fixes of castles and champagne.
More details from our adventure will be posted soon, including:
- A ‘Beginners Guide’ to buying and drinking Champagne (what to look for, how to properly taste and where to buy)
- A review of De Castellane Champagne house, the emblem of Epernay.
- A guide of to where to go in Champagne: big and small champagne houses, as well as the Avenue de Champagne
- How to sabre a bottle of champagne.
- Our ultimate Luxembourg Road trip guide
- Our review of Vianden Castle, the jewel of Luxembourg, and it’s restoration
- Our best travel tips, thoughts, and of adventures and anecdotes from our travels.
Make sure you check back soon.
Last modified: 1st February 2016