“Jamaica Love, we wanna feel Jamaica Love” – Busy Signal
Floating in the Blue Lagoon, jumping off of a cliff at Island Gully Falls, watching sunset from a swing in a river and freewheeling through the Blue Mountains. I could stay a whole lifetime in Jamaica and never fully discover all its beauty.
As I sit here typing on the plane, flying directly away from this island that has completely stolen my heart, I feel such a sense of sadness and loss at all the things I didn’t get to experience and all people that I didn’t get to meet. However I can’t help but smile at all the memories; moments that stilled me to silence in awe and moments that truly took my breath away.
I was lucky enough to spend five days exploring this paradise as much as possible with my good friend Lindsey. We visited the “must sees,” immersed ourselves into local culture and sought out hidden gems. I wanted to prove that Jamaica is more than just all-inclusive resorts (although if that’s your thing it is great too) and that it is safe, especially for women, to travel to.
The itinerary was a little intense and as a total “water baby” I was drawn to the water each day in some shape or form. How could you not when the scenery was so vibrant and exquisite?
- Tour with Know Jamaica Tours – Island Gully Falls/Blue Hole, Rafting on the White River, Dunn’s River Falls, Secret Falls and the Ocho Rios Jerk Centre.
- Partying like a local at Crates on Priory Beach
- Stayed at an AirBnB in Ocho Rios
- Dolphin Cove – Sea Trek and Swimming with Dolphins
- Luminous Lagoon with Faithful Waters Tours
- Stayed at the all-inclusive Mangos Resort
- Exploring Frenchman’s Cove
- Stayed at the family run Draper San Guest House
- Reach Falls River Walk
- Long Bay
- Portland Jerk Festival
- Karaoke with locals in Port Antonio
- Stayed at the eco-boutique; Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Bike ride through the Blue Mountains with Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours
- Local dance class
Join my journey through the #JewelsOfJamaica
Last modified: 12th August 2016
Looks like you had a total blast! I’d really love to get to Jamaica soon! Seems like such a fun place to visit!
wow the luminous lagoon looks amazing, what an incredible photo
The waterways look so relaxing. I bet they were cool and great to swim in with the warm weather.
Love this off-the-beaten-path tour. Must say the luminous lagoon would be my favorite.
Love all the adventures and off-the-beaten path options! That lagoon is just incredible! Adding it to my never ending list 🙂 Happy travels.